- 1- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large container of raw vegetables from salad bar
- (try red, yellow and green peppers, spinach, onions, tomatoes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6-8 Small flour or corn tortillas ( try whole wheat too! )
- 1 can Vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, cut into sections
Heat oil in a heavy skillet and when it is very hot add the chicken breast and brown well on both sides.
Remove chicken from pan and hold in oven at 325 while you prepare the vegetables. Add the peppers, onions and tomatoes to the hot skillet. When they are soft add the spinach, salt and pepper to the skillet and cook until the spinach wilts.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken breast with an instant read thermometer. When the temperature reaches 165 the chicken is done. (Do not overcook the chicken or it will become tough and dry.) Remove chicken from the oven and put the tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven to warm them. Cut the chicken into strips.
Assemble your quesadillas by spreading refried beans on the tortilla and top with shredded cheese and chicken strips. Season the quesadilla with Tabasco, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.
Serve the vegetables on the side or wrap them in a tortilla.